download team leader Job Description
click Carer Employee Benefits and Company Information
Randolph Hill Nursing Homes Group are looking for a Team Leader to join our team at our exceptional Holmesview Nursing Home, Broxburn, West Lothian.
With excellent rate of pay, overtime at time plus 33% and enhanced sick pay up to 6 months. There are also great training and development opportunities, a friendly and supportive team, successful homes with stable staff and management team, positive CI grades, along with recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
We care, the way you care
Since 1985 Randolph Hill have enjoyed an enviable reputation for quality care provision for the elderly. We are large enough to be able to provide support to our team with a stable and supportive management structure, detailed policies and procedures and regular and comprehensive training, whilst small enough to avoid becoming overly bureaucratic and make decisions to fit every circumstance. Our homes are well run and have positive grades with the Care Inspectorate. Randolph Hill are committed to quality and look for like-minded people who wish to progress their career. We have 7 Nursing homes; Gullane, North Berwick, Edinburgh Sighthill, Edinburgh Morningside, Broxburn , Livingston and Dunblane.
- To provide safe, person-centred and competent care in a professional manner
- To promote a human rights approach to care and uphold residents’ rights to privacy, dignity, choice using the company participation strategy
- To respect residents wishes and ensure confidentiality inside and outside of the home
- To implement and ensure staff adhere to all policies and procedures
- To lead and supervise teams when on duty
- To assist the Home Manager in daily running of the home including staff induction and training
- To reflect and promote high standards of the company in all aspects of work and personal appearance
- To treat colleagues with respect and ensure good teamwork
- To promote highest standards of social and personal care within the nursing home.
- To assess changes in resident need, and report findings to the nurse in charge to ensure nursing intervention if required, or request professional services.
- To liaise with outside agencies and members of the multi-disciplinary team in a professional and considered manner.
- To assess and document care, and lead in personal care planning, including care reviews.
- To maintain correctly written records and individual care plans as required by the company policies and statutory bodies.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- To feedback and communicate to the manager or deputy any complaints, suggestions or wishes arising from residents, relatives or staff
- In collaboration with senior staff, to delegate workload ensuring efficient and cost effective use of manpower.
- To act at all times in a manner which reflects a good company image, and be a good role model to others.
- To communicate effectively, using good decision making skills, to ensure all relevant personnel are aware of any changes of practice
- To supervise and instruct junior staff in all aspects of their work, giving help and guidance where appropriate
- To become familiar with all aspects of the building’s layout, fire evacuation procedure and equipment, and to instruct staff in fire procedure.
- To take charge of the home when needed for operational purposes
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and training
- To become familiar with, and strictly adhere to, company policy and procedure, Care Inspectorate guidelines, and the Health and Social Care Standards.
- To maximise bed occupancy opportunities by being friendly and helpful to all enquirers and visitors, either personally or on the telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience leading a team in a care of the elderly environment
- Registered with the SSSC as a Practitioner in a Care Home service for adults
- Qualified at SVQ level 3 with PDA and willing to undertake SVQ 4 to enable registration as a supervisor with the SSSC.
- Extensive knowledge of dementia and person centred care and experience in person centred care planning
- Responsible attitude with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, lead a team and supervise staff
A well-established part of the local community, Holmesview is situated in Broxburn and is a modern, purposely designed building with high quality furnishings throughout. It’s set in beautifully maintained private and secure gardens. It even has its own hair and beauty salon. The home excels with a full and varied schedule of activities for residents to enjoy, depending on their particular choices.
Applying from outside the UK?
If you are not living in the UK just now, we do NOT offer sponsorship to care assistants and would therefore ask that you do not apply if you are looking to work as a Care Assistant and require sponsorship.
To register your interest, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ,or